Friday, January 7, 2011

On The Bright Side

On The Bright Side


Sure it's the depths of winter with short cold days and quiet on the mountain. It's the week after the huge holiday week.   But hey, the slopes are much less crowded. Students are in much smaller classes.  And, not the least important thing, I get to each lunch!  Well, except for today. LOL

Today, I was lucky enough to have a one-on-one with James from NYC.   You have to admire successful people who tackle new challenges with enthusiasm.   James jumped on all the instruction I gave him in our hour together and quickly improved his skiing a full level.  Not a bad way to spend a cold January afternoon.  Next time he'll be ready for some beginning bumps.  

The days are getting longer.  We've picked up 17 minutes (by my reckoning) of daylight in the afternoon and now the sunrises are beginning to sneak in a bit earlier.  You better head up to the mountain soon.  Smuggs' is skiing pretty nicely right now and winter will be over with soon.   Golf's news season started this week.  Baseball's spring training starts in about a month.  I'm thinking I'll head up on Sunday and try to get an extra day in.  Opportunities are limited and I'm not getting any younger.  I have a feeling, however, that time spent skiing is not deducted from out allotted time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment