Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cold Is Coming

It's cold today (Saturday) so I'm happy to be home.  Tomorrow and Monday will be bitter cold at Smuggs' and I admit I'm not too eager to be headed to the hill but I'm committed so I'll be there.  

It was a great week for skiing even if the temps were on the cool side.  I think we got snow everyday.  The skiing is phenomenal.  Freefall yesterday was much easier than it had been just 2 days before thanks to big snow and big bumps. It was a great way to wrap up the week.

My Friday lessons were excellent. My morning class was a Max 5 with Sal from here in VT.  He's a really fit biker (the pedal kind) so we were able to accomplish a lot and he moved up a couple of levels.  We finished our lesson with a couple runs on ungroomed black diamonds.   Nice!  Great job Sal.

My afternoon was with a doctor looking to gain some ground on his wife & kids.  We did just that.  Improving balance and edging skills means better skiing every time!   Great improvement in the heavy powder.  Wait'll next time!! It'll be bumps for sure.

After that I hooked up with some other instructors who dragged my tired carcass up Madonna for that final run of the week down Freefall.  It was awesome!  Then we hit the Brewski (packed) for a nice Sam's Winter Ale before heading home.  

Sleeping last night?  No trouble at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment