Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ski Days, Beautiful Ski Days

Ski Days, Beautiful Ski Days

| No Comments
Oh the irony!  The snow at Smuggs'  is the best and the lift lines are nonexistent.  It's quiet at the mountain this week so I've opted to take advantage of the great snow and uncrowded trails and just ski.

Although it was breezy yesterday and I skied only the forenoon, it was still wonderful snow to be on.  Today was nearly perfect ( I really can't think of anything that could be improved but I'm leaving a bit of room anyway.) and quiet as a library most places.  

I spent most of the day on Sterling skiing Harvey's Hidaway.  It's one of my favorite runs and it was especially sweet today.  The snow was creamy and the bumps were soft and fluffy; the kind you dream about just before Thanksgiving when you've tuned your skis but the lawn still lingers green.

After a brief lunch and bit of warming, two very lovely ladies invited me to ride up M1 and investigate Freefall.  One took a detour (equipment problem).  We two remaining found  the snow was deep and soft and puffy all the way down.  

At the bottom my ski partner had to run and teach but I found the re-equipped detourer (is that a word?) and we headed back up for another workout.  It is that!  

One more trip to irresistible Harvey's and I was done for the day.   11 grand trips is a fine day, thank you very much!   

No comments:

Post a Comment