Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two Friends: Sleep and Rain

Much to my relief all I needed was a good night's sleep and rain to get back to normal.   I can run 20 miles on Sunday then play golf all day the next day but I need sleep to do it well.   Trying to get by on less than 7 hours while maintaining a high activity level is asking for trouble and I got it.  I did me some good to lay around and watch baseball yesterday.  

I had a solid 8 hours sleep Tuesday night and felt much better for my resistance training workout yesterday.  Then I took a lazy day yesterday, thanks to the rain, and watched some baseball.  It was raining hard this morning so I rode my stationary bike for 45 minutes in lieu of running.  The cross training will do me some good and biking expecially will help me get my ski legs back.

Here's a good article from the Mayo Clinic on sleep needs:

 http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/how-many-hours-of-sleep-are-enough/AN01487

No comments:

Post a Comment