Thursday, October 14, 2010

One Last Run

8 miles on Tuesday.  4 miles today.  I have sore hips and it worries me.  They're not as bad today but it still worries me.

My run today was better though.  And I have nearly 3 full days of additional rest.    I started slowly today just like I plan to do in the race.   A slow start means I'll feel better at the end.    I'm pretty sure I can finish even with the sore hips but starting a bit slower than what I plan for an average pace will help my finish.

There are so many variables that will impact my race.  The wind and its direction.  A head wind is like running uphill and will be very tiring.  Wind from the side takes your breath away.  Of course, a tail wind helps.  The forecast is for very light winds.   I'm hoping.

Temperature is critical.  Too hot wears you out.  Too cold is just uncomfortable.  The forecast is for chilly about 40.  Not terrible.  I'll wear short sleeves.  If not windy it'll be OK.

How I feel on that day will really matter.   Everyone has good days and bad days.   Time will tell.  

Pasta the night before.  Cliche.    Yes,  but predictable.  

If I have a good day, I'll qualify for Boston.  A bad day and I won't finish.   Time will tell.

All I have to do is run.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment